Our Industry Research Department - Asia Office (IRD) is responsible for providing industry and market research in Southeast Asia, India and Oceania. This research is specifically for the origination and promotion of business strategies (e.g. Business Alliance, Merger & Acquisition) to our customers, who are predominantly Japanese. They works closely with our Tokyo Head Office and the regional Relationship Managers to identify our customers’ needs and issues, conduct research activities and provide advisory services to those customers.
- Conducting industry and market research in the Southeast Asia, India and Oceania regions
- Developing and presenting business and market entry strategies
- Conducting research on areas such as business alliances, Joint Ventures and M&A according to client’s requirements
- Providing fee-based advisory services for predominantly Japanese customers, including market structure and participant research
- Providing and sharing industry knowledge internally within the group as well as writing and publishing external reports
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience as a research analyst or consultant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced fluency in English and the Japanese language is required as there would be communication with Head Office and customers in Japan.
- Fluency in Vietnamese as you are required to communicate with branch offices
- Experience in advisory work with regards to M&A or Joint Venture is advantageous