Teaching Japanese as a foreign language to the local community
- Teaching Japanese as a foreign language to the local community with a demographic that consists mainly of Singaporean working adults.
- Able to deliver lessons using direct method (Japanese language) in order to create an immersive classroom environment where the teacher and students can use the Japanese language to communicate naturally.
- Promoting cultural exchange and cross-cultural understanding, and to introduce Japanese customs and traditions.
- Enable students to achieve practical communication skills, as well as to equip them with the language skills that can be applied in a professional working environment.
- Participation in lesson planning, as well as other tasks required of a school environment.
- Any other ad-hoc duties
- Possess one of the following qualifications (a, b, c):
a. Major or sub-major in Japanese Language Teaching in university;
b. Completed a Japanese Teacher Training Course at a study institution;
c. Passed the Japanese Language Teaching Competency Test.
- Good team player with good interpersonal and communications skills.