Chemicals manufacturing company headquartered in Tokyo,
- Make recommendations to senior management on how to respond to legal issues or proposed changes in laws and regulations.
- Review and approve legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents related to a variety of trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters.
-Liaise with Denka’s Legal Team in Japanese HQ, review Japanese contracts from HQ as and when necessary.
(ii) Corporate secretarial duties
- Maintain the organization's official and legal documents according to the principles of good governance and to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Responsible for compliance activities which could include reviewing internal processes, internal control procedures (e.g. JSOX), documents and reports, and ensuring that the operations of the firm's business comply with internal and external regulatory framework or compliance standards.
- Manage ongoing relationships with insurance providers to minimise insurance costs and ensure satisfactory level of service.
(v) Government Relations
- Research, interpret, and analyse proposed changes to regulations or government policy and prepare reports on how these changes may impact the organization.
-Any other ad hoc duties
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Full Professional Proficiency in Japanese Language required to review legal documents in Japanese and to liaise with Legal Team in Denka’s Tokyo HQ