Thai localisation duties at well known Japanese Gaming company.
◆You will be in charge of Thai localisation duties at well known Japanese Gaming company.
As a Localization Assistant, you will be assisting the Localization & QA Manager mainly with Thai Localization & QA projects within our Singapore office premises for the
stated contract period. Duties may include but not limited to dealing with both internal and external parties, proofreading existing Thai translations, provide Thai translations for business needs, franchise research or proposing recommendation in a timely manner.
- Assist Localization & QA Manager with all Thai localization matters including but not limited to testing of video game in-game text, manual text, package copy, game summaries, print materials etc. as needed from Japanese to Thai.
- Assist and provide timely recommendations/advice to the Localization & QA Manager matters pertaining to potential implications with Thai culture/royalty etc. due to certain Thai localized translations within the game.
- Required to handle large volume of Japanese/Thai localized text across multiple projects at the same time.
- Ensure correct usage of terminology based on all provided reference materials which may include TM, glossaries, external reference documentation, etc
- Conduct extensive research and study about franchise history as per given project.
- At least 1 year of relevant localisation/translation experience.
- Proficient in using computer and Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel required).
- Proficient in Japanese and Thai language due to internal and external communication.
- Basic or conversational level of English for reporting and internal/external communication.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to stay committed until project completion.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision yet a proactive team player.
- Matured, responsible and organized with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Analytical and methodical.
- Persistent and patient.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- Familiarity with Anime, Manga, game or our franchise product knowledge highly advantageous.