You will be leading IT consultation projects to client in finance, retail, and/or logistics industry. You will be involved from proposal phase to actual projects (such as IT planning phase and implementation). The biggest mission of this position is to get the trust of customers through consulting and establish its position as a strategic partner of management and IT.
The mission of this position is not only to handle request-based projects, but also to plan projects with the theme of business improvement and introduce IT systems that are directly linked to customer business. You are required to actively guide the team from the proposal phase, investigate and analyze the current customer situation, and advice customer management in each phase.
- You will be leading the team to proceed consultation project (ex. IT strategy proposal, concept definition, solution selection, business/IT design, and execution plan) as project leader with your industry and IT knowledge.
- To define and propose execution plan, you will extract and analyze gaps between customer’s As-Is business/IT with ideal To-Be image.
- For development projects, you will be project manager to define direction of team and actively perform various management tasks such as handling schedule, quality control, and issues management. Depending on team structure of the project, you may be asked to perform business analysis and design as a business analyst.
- To receive support from HO, you will organize requests and communicate appropriately.
- During projects, you will work external organization including customer and partners.
- During the sales phase, you will be supporting sales team as an IT consultant by considering hypotheses, sorting out issues, and proposing solutions. (include creating presentation slides)
- You may work in overseas. (business trip basis)
- You may work in your client office during project.
- You will work with your management for internal consideration such as resource planning.
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned
- 5 years or more of work experience in IT management and/or IT strategy consultation.
- Experience with full SDLC cycle as both member, Project Leader and Project Manager
- Above N2 level Japanese Speaker to communicate with HQ in Japan
- Understanding of current IT trends (cloud computing, big data, social media, RPA, etc)
- Able to create materials such as proposals, consultation reports, progress/issue management.
- Can coordinate meetings, workshops, and facilitation involving with external organizations
- Good communication skill with internal and external stakeholders to reach consensus.
- Gathering information from client from discussion and skill to consider further actions.
- Can actively manage, coach, and review your team members to take leadership.
- Capability to challenge in small organization and project.
- Those who have work experience at a Japanese company or experience in dealing with a Japanese company
- Those who have more than 3 years of work experience in the user’s IT department as BA.
- Those who have more than 3 years of experience in IT development projects for financial, retail and/or logistic industries.
- Good honors degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Information Technology,
- Business Information Systems, Business, Engineering or related disciplines.
- Domain knowledge in finance(especially banking), and/or logistics industry.
- Understand IT related regulation for financial and/ or logistic industries.