A leading supplier of semiconductor process equipment for wafer processing.
★This position is in charge of Secondary Manufacturing Process, analyze product line and communicate with supplier.
- Person will work with Business Unit Development Engineering Teams and key technology suppliers to define cleaning specifications, drive technical development, update manufacturing process improvements and cost reductions through failure prevention, manufacturing techniques and efficiencies
- Person will be responsible for working with Development Engineering across global Business Units (US, NL, JP, Korea) to forecast future product requirements and engage with potential suppliers in key technology areas.
- Person will lead the initial capability assessments, auditing, and qualification of the identified key suppliers
- Person will develop manufacturing capabilities, drive PFMEA, and implement Process Control Systems (PCS) at key supplier sites including the definition of measurement parameters and metrology methods
- Responsibilities include support of statistical method analysis of PCS data for internal and external customers (Development Engineering, Manufacturing - Engineering, Supply Chain, NPI, etc.)
- Person will perform investigations, make recommendations and drive decisions along our company and supplier technical roadmaps
- Person will independently lead supplier improvement projects and working groups with key suppliers as well as train and qualify newly engaged key suppliers during the onboarding processes
- Up to 50% business travel based on Engineer home location, supply base and business requirements
★Person will be progressively trained to an advanced level in
- Person will be an expert in Secondary Manufacturing Processes and Cleaning Methods.
- Applied Operational and Engineering Statistical Methods
- EPS and Structured Problem Solving (8D)
- Key operational excellence tools, e.g., PFMEA, 5S, SIPOC, Failure Analysis, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Leadership and Escalation Management across a broad range of business escalation types, (Customer, Supplier, Technical, Manufacturing, etc.)
- BS Engineering/Science discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Physics, Mathematics), MS preferred. Expertise in Secondary Manufacturing Processes and Cleaning Methods such as wet process and chamber cleaning requirements, plating, anodizing, used in the semiconductor equipment industry preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience (or equivalent) in Engineering and/or design of complex mechanical systems including one or more of the following areas: Precision Machining, Thermal Systems, Power/RF, Secondary Manufacturing Processes and Critical Materials
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in all forms (written, oral, presentation, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively across our company and key supplier geographies, cultures, disciplines, etc.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt, or equivalent quality tools/methodologies training and/or certification with strong working knowledge and experience in logical decision-making
- Demonstrated capability in a matrix environment who is comfortable working independently
- Experience of working at Semiconductor Equipment industry preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 8D, Lean, IPC6XX, SPC, ISO 14001 standards and other supplier quality management systems (Lead Auditor training preferred) is beneficial
- Working with Japanese organizations, suppliers and ability to speak Japanese is desirable.